Tips for a Stress Free Year
With school back in full swing, students are getting used to their new schedules and are making their daily routines. However, many students are starting to get stressed out about the amount of homework and projects they have. Below are tips for a stress free school year.
- Make a schedule: Scheduling and making to-do lists are great ways to stay organized and on top of things. Use a planner and write down anything that you have to do each day. Make sure to write down homework assignments, upcoming tests and any after school activities you are planning on participating in.
- Create a study plan: A lot of students get very stressed out about studying for tests. One way to prevent stress is to make a detailed plan of when you are going to study. Make sure to incorporate breaks to maximize your attention span. Sticking to the plan will be very beneficial for your school work and also for reducing stress.
- Talk to Your Teachers: A very important part of academic success is creating relationships with your teachers. If you have good relationships with your teachers, they will be more understanding when you have a difficult day or mess up on an assignment. Meeting with teachers is a great way to show initiative and also decrease anxiety.
- Hobbies: With all of the stress that school work brings, students need to spend time doing what they enjoy. Make time to do your favorite activity a few times a week. This will decrease your stress levels significantly and will motivate you to stay focused. Whether you enjoy listening to music, working out, or watching television, hobbies are a great way to take your mind off of school and allow for a little relaxation.
- Create a good learning environment: Not only will a good learning environment reduce your stress levels, but it can also help you learn more effectively. There is no point in scheduling out your assignments if you cannot focus on them. Create an environment that is quite and comfortable. Make a space in your house that is dedicated to learning.