Helpful college information and deadlines
- Search through the Naviance database and find colleges or careers that you are interested in → Add these colleges to “Colleges I’m Thinking About”
- After researching & eliminating some colleges, add the colleges that you are applying to to “Colleges I’m Applying To”
- In the “Colleges I’m Applying To” tab, check deadlines, request transcripts and choose your submission type.
- Make sure to check the “Important To-Dos and Tasks” and complete the tasks listed by the certain deadline. Some important deadlines coming up include: “Resume” by Monday, September 30th, and “Student Biography for Letters of Recommendation” by Monday, September 30th as well.
- Create a “First Year Students” account on Common App
- “Match” or Connect your Common App to your Naviance account
- Fill out “Common Application” details:
- Courses & Grades
- Add Colleges that you are applying to to “My Colleges”
- Fill out additional information under “My Colleges” for each college, most importantly “Recommenders & FERPA”
- Find which colleges need an essay portion, devise an essay based on which prompt you choose and add that to your application
- Under the “My Colleges” tab, finish submitting your application by completing “Review and Submit – Common App” for each college you are applying to.
Deadlines for Common App/Naviance
Early-Action → November 1st (Most used), October 15th & May 1st (in some cases)
Regular-Decision → February 1st, January 1st, February 15th (can differ depending on college)
Colleges visiting week of September 30th-October 4th (Sign-up to see these colleges through Naviance)
Tuesday, October 1st – Carnegie Mellon University
Wednesday, October 2nd – University of Notre Dame, Mount St. Joseph University, DePaul University, Georgetown University, Columbia University, University of Saint Francis, Valparaiso University, Purdue Polytechnic Institute – West Lafayette
Thursday, October 3rd – Amherst College